Cast your vote for February’s athlete of the month! Sponsored by Eggs N’at. The winner will receive a gift card to Eggs N’at.
- Connor Ryan and Donovan Johnson, Sr. Basketball
- Both named first team all-section this season and helped lead team to the section title and a spot in the WPIAL Championship game.
- Michael Donohue, Fr. Diving
- Michael was one of four boys who came out for the diving team this season which more than quadrupled the size of last year’s team. Having never competed in diving before, he scored in every meet and earned his first diving varsity letter. Along the way, his work ethic and practicing as much as he could, he became the first male diver to qualify for the WPIAL Championship in a number of years. Michael has also suffered through injuries this season and yet will still be representing the Moon Tigers this weekend at the WPIAL Championship. Michael is always there cheering on his teammates and is always there to help in offering advice and encouragement. In addition, Michael has also competed many times as a swimmer this season!
- Zach D’Antonio, So Boys Bowling
- Zach improved his average over the final weeks to qualify for the WPIBL singles championships. He had the second highest average on the team in helping the boys finish 10-0 and section champs.
- Khyvon Grace, 9th grade, Wrestling
- Khyvon currently has the most wins on the wrestling team with a record of 29-7. He leads the team in six statistics categories including team and match points scored all season. Khyvon has placed in every individual tournament this season with the following finishes: West Mifflin – 5th, M.A.C. – 2nd, Allegheny County – 4th, and the AAA Section 4 Tournament – 2nd. He has qualified for the WPIAL Tournament, which is a major accomplishment as a freshman.
- Abby Beatty, Jr Swimming
- Abby was elected as one of the captains for the team this year as a junior. She recently helped the girls swimming and diving teams earn their 2nd consecutive MAC Championship by winning 2 individual events and being a member of 2 first place relays, including the 200 medley relay that set a new Hauser Natatorium pool record. Abby was also an integral part of the girls team that won their 2nd consecutive section championship as she was the highest female point scorer on the team for the season. Abby is currently set to compete in the WPIAL Championships as she is ranked 3rd in the 100 butterfly and 6th in the 200 freestyle and is looking to make her third consecutive trip to the PIAA State Championships at Bucknell in March.
- Jordyn Jacob, So. Girls Bowling.
- Jordyn improved her average over the final weeks to qualify for the WPIBL singles championships. She had the high average for the team and second highest in the section. In doing so she helped the girls to finish at 9-1 and section champs.
- Moon Girls Varsity Gymnastics Team
- The Varsity Girls Gymnastics Team had a very good year finishing as section champions with a record of 6-0 and overall 10-2. They were both runner up at WPIAL’s and PA Classic. They also set a new school team high score record of 149.70
powered by Typeform
powered by Typeform