Cast your vote for April’s athlete of the month! Sponsored by Eggs N’at. The winner will receive a gift card to Eggs N’at.
- Enisa Shoshi, Junior-Track and Field
- Enisa is the leading point scorer on the girls track and field team. She has scored 174.5 points so far for the team this season. She is currently on the list to compete at the WPIAL Championship meet for 4 events (100 Hurdles, 300 Hurdles, Long Jump, and Triple Jump).
- Cassie Depner, Sophomore-Girls Rugby
- Cassie, an inside center, has led the Moon Area Tigers so far this season. Through 6 matches, Cassie has led the Tigers in try scoring with 14 tries. Cassie’s strong running, great lines, and aggressive defense have set the pace for the Tigers’ hot start.
- Morgan Mills, Junior-Girls Lacrosse
- Morgan is leading the Girls Varsity Lacrosse Team both on and off the field. As Team Captain, she has shown incredible leadership with her hard work, dedication, and desire to make those around her better players and people. On the field, Morgan has taken her game to a completely new level. She is incredible, both offensively and defensively, and seemingly switches to a new gear when required. She is not only an asset to the girl’s lacrosse team, but also a shining example of what Moon Area students should be with her quiet confidence and academic focus.
- Jason Hairston II, Junior-Track and Field
- Jason is the leading point scorer on the boys track and field team. He has scored 143.50 points so far for the team this season. He is currently on the list to compete at the WPIAL Championship meet for 3 events (100m dash, 200m dash, and Long Jump).
- Nick Magnelli, Senior-Boys Tennis
- Nick has led team to strong 6-2 start 3-0 in Section and has individually gone 8-0 at #1 Singles. After playing 3 years at #2 Singles he has come into his own by using what he learned in years past to grab hold of the leadership role of our team. He is consistently regarded by other coaches as not just a hard-working player but as one of the fairest and most honest competitors.
- Nick Blaha, Junior-Boys Volleyball
- Nick was our captain this year and always kept a positive attitude and worked to improve himself and everyone else. Along with his leadership abilities he was our best defensive player and our second best attacker.
- Tony Tamilla, Senior-Baseball
- Tony is a starter and team captain who displays outstanding leadership on and off of the field. Tony is a starting pitcher and versatile as a defender playing multiple positions. Tony puts the team first, sets a great example for his teammates and is very coachable and is a good student.
- Jon Barcaskey, Senior-Boys Rugby
- Jon is a tremendous rugby player. Possessing all the offensive and defensive skills required to play the game. He is calm, cool and collected—a true leader who listens to his coaches and he then instructs his teammates as he practices and plays the game. In rugby captains need to make decisions on the field not coaches, having a great captain is essential to any good rugby team! Jon is heading to play at Penn State one of the top programs in the country.
powered by Typeform
powered by Typeform