Cast your vote for May’s athlete of the month! Sponsored by Eggs N’at. The winner will receive a gift card to Eggs N’at.
- Sofia Mancini, Junior-Girls Rugby
- Sofia played for the USA U18 In the Next Gen Tournament in Toronto. She was player of the match in one game and scored on the Ontario all-stars as well. Sofia scored 5 tries in 2 matches this month for Moon Area helping them secure the #2 seed in the state.
- Claire Daugherty, Senior-Girls Track and Field
- Claire helped lead the team into the playoffs for the 19th consecutive year. She also qualified for the WPIAL Finals as part of the 3200 meter relay team. Claire has grown into a tremendous leader on the girls team over her tenure. She has helped develop a culture of excellence, work ethic, and pride in the sport of Track and Field.
- Clara Niglio, Junior-Girls Softball
- Clara went 3-0 on the mound with wins over Montour, Hampton and Blackhawk. She had 19 strikeouts in those three wins. She also helped herself out with 10 hits and 5 RBI’s in our final 4 games. In the Blackhawk game Clara throw a perfect game in 4 innings.
- Lucas Reese, Junior-Boys Track and Field
- Lucas is a junior who helped lead the boys team into the playoffs this year. He qualified for the WPIAL championship meet in the 1600m run and as part of the 3200m relay. Lucas qualified for the PIAA state meet as part of 3200m relay team with fellow runners (Alex Estright, Aidan O’Donnell, Tyler Anderson, and alternate Justin Kocur). This team earned a 3rd place medal at the WPIAL finals and are .04 seconds away from breaking the school record.
- Jesus Centeno, Sophomore-Boys Volleyball
- On the court, Jesus led the team in assists. Off the court he was a leader and always kept a positive attitude.
- Zach Bogats, Senior-Baseball
- Zach is a 2 year starter and was a team captain this year. Zach is a great person and Teammate who is leader on and off the field. Very coachable young man.
powered by Typeform
powered by Typeform